COVID-19 3rd Dose Vaccine Available
Based on CDC recommendations, third vaccine doses are available now for people who are considered moderately or severely immunosuppressed. These would include those who:
- Receive active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood.
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system.
- Have either had a stem cell transplant within the last two years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system.
- Were diagnosed with DiGeorge syndrome or Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome.
- Are diagnosed with HIV and have a high viral load or low CD4 count, or are not currently taking medication to treat HIV.
- Are taking drugs such as high-dose steroids or other medications that may cause severe suppression of the immune system.
If you are not sure whether you fit into any of these categories, please contact your medical provider.
If you have questions regarding the scheduling of your vaccine, please call 866-442-5301 or call your local health department.
Para asistencia en Español, por favor llame 866-442-5301.
The Sumner County Health Department has announced that Friday, June 25th will be the last day of COVID-19 vaccine administration at the Volunteer State Community College campus. Vaccines will be available at the Portland, Hendersonville, and Gallatin Clinics starting Monday, June 28th from 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM Monday through Friday.
CDC website coronavirus: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
FEMA website coronavirus: https://www.fema.gov/coronavirus
TN Dept of Health Coronavirus website: https://www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov.html
John Hopkins University website: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/
TN Department of Labor and Workforce Development: https://www.tn.gov/workforce.html
TN Office of the Governor Information & Resources: https://www.tn.gov/governor/covid-19.html
TN American Job Center – Gallatin
1598 Green Lea Blvd
Gallatin, TN 37066
Reopening Sumner County
Sumner County is taking steps to reopen in a safe, responsible manner. Please click here to read the recommendations that adhere to Governor Lee’s guidelines and plan for Responsibly Reopening Tennessee’s Economy.
You may find the Business Pledge form here.
Gov. Bill Lee established the Economic Recovery Group, a joint effort between state departments, members of the legislature and leaders from the private sector to build guidance to safely reboot Tennessee’s economy. Read about it here: