The Sumner County Information Technology department provides hardware and software information systems and other technologies that enable county departments to provide services to our citizens. We also provide department personnel with information relative to their operations, support strategic planning, promote effective resource management, enhance customer service, and promote internal and external communications.
Our mission is to provide excellent customer service and support to all Sumner County government information technology users, to protect Sumner County government assets and data, and to ensure Sumner County government’s technology investment is strategically positioned for the future.
The department is enthusiastic in performing the task of researching and delivering new technology while never losing focus on the critical role of maintaining the current technical infrastructure and providing exceptional customer service to all county departments. We make a continuous effort to ensure our staff has access to the resources and technologies they need to do their jobs efficiently and effectively.
- Oversee the use of existing and emerging technologies in county operations
- Provide support for servers, desktops, laptops, telephones, mobile devices, and county website
- Provide network infrastructure to support county computer operations
- Provide for the procurement, development, upgrade, and support of business software for county departments
- Support telephone communications for county departments
- Ensure the security and integrity of Sumner County’s network and data
- Work to improve the county’s efficiency through technology