The Sumner County Library Board of Trustees is seeking applicants to fill two vacancies to serve as Trustees. One position will be representative of Gallatin, and the other an At-Large position for all of Sumner County. Applicants should be willing to serve without compensation and devote their time to making the Sumner County Library System successful.
Applications may be filled out and submitted below or downloaded to be printed out and submitted in person. Each Sumner County Library will also have copies available on their individual sites and within their buildings.
Completed applications may be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to the circulation desk at any of the five libraries in Sumner County: Gallatin, Hendersonville, Millersville, Portland, and Westmoreland. If you have questions about this opportunity, feel free to ask your local Library Director for more information.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday, August 10, 2022. Applications will be reviewed by the Personnel Committee and select applicants may be invited for an interview with members of the Library Board of Trustees on August 24, 2022.
Duties of Library Board Trustees include:
- Select and employ a Director of Libraries
- Formulate policies and secure adequate funding for the operation of the library
- Attend regular and special called meetings of the Board
- Study the general trends of librarianship and participate in the planning, goals, and priorities of the library
- Maintain good relations with local governments and promote the library’s position in overall governmental organization and support
- Continually promote the library in the community and explain policies and services whenever called upon
Upon completion of the interview process, the Library Board of Trustees will make recommendations to the County Mayor based upon the findings of the Personnel Committee. These recommendations will be presented to the County Commission for approval during their September meeting.
The Sumner County Library Board and libraries of Sumner County do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its policies, or in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, services or activities.